Sunday, July 8, 2012

Wannsee Lake

Sunday, July 8.

The day started off slow, but around 1:00 a group of us headed to Wannsee Lake, about an hour long train ride from our hostel.  We set up our lovely Meiniger Hotel towels on the imported sand, and headed in to check the water.  It was a lot warmer than I expected!  After a delicious lunch of currywurst mit pommes, we all headed back in to go swimming.  We went in somewhat deep, went hunting for rocks and mussels (I lost my cool rock), and played volleyball with some random Germans. Oh and guess what... there was a nude beach right next door!  There was only a temporary wall separating them from the regular beach. The things you see in Europe!

Rachel and Alex.

 Lisa and me

Busy beach

 Empty beach after they made everyone get out of the water.

Eventually it started raining and lightening and we had to get out of the water.  I was bummed we had to leave early, but it was such a fun and refreshing time.  I never thought I would have been to a beach in Germany!

After the beach, we stopped in Charlottenberg for the most amazing schwarma I have ever had in my life (and believe me I have had enough on this trip to make up for a lifetime of never tasting schwarma).       Fadi's schwarma was so perfect and spicy and garlicky that I am half tempted to go back sometime before we leave!  We rounded the meal off with some chai tea and baklava which were equally delicious.

When we got back I started doing work for UofL and homework for my classes, and I'm still working on it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment